The following are some of the objectives of the Foundation:
- To establish methods of resolving disputes in Jamaica which are supplementary, complementary or alternative to litigation, called Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) techniques;
- To encourage and educate the public about using ADR techniques to handle conflicts and differences without resorting to violence;
- To establish several dispute resolution facilities in communities throughout Jamaica;
- To explore and establish such ADR techniques as methods of resolving domestic, commercial, industrial, political and social disputes among members of the Jamaican community;
- To increase the use of mediation services by the legal profession as a dispute resolution option.